11.04.2008

How it is

God bless America.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

honestly, never thought I'd see the day

delighted - hopefully the right's bottom-feeders let him govern a little, give him a chance

- BJL

Joe Monkeyweb said...

Agreed. I guess hoping for 60 seats was overreaching a little bit.

crsmal said...

i'm starting to like the lack of 60- there's gotta be a check somewhere, right?

Anonymous said...

the country's lack of money will check a lot of things

if the Senate GOPs do nothing but filibuster away a lot of bills that have widespread support, they might only be setting themselves up for another very bad night in 2010

(they're already setting themselves up for disaster with all this talk of Palin 2012, which would, of course, be awesome)

- BJL

Joe Monkeyweb said...

It's ok not to have 60 now because there are a lot of hard/not fun legislative initiatives to push through. We need the Rs to take some of the hits for that too. What I look for is a strengthening of the Dems as a national party and the continued rapid demise of the GOP as we know it. I think we want 60 for Obama's second term to combat lame duckism.