The missus and I really REALLY need a vacation. And money is tighter than, well, a lot of things, so it ain't happening soon. We like vacations, but rarely take them. Most of our vacation days are long weekends and/or taking off from work for our Boy when he's home sick.
But we've had a long stretch and we work our asses off and I honestly can't remember the last real vacation we were on. You know--the kind where you actually go away for a week. I think it was roughly 8 months before our son was born. So we're talking about somewhere around 3+ years ago.* I believe in working hard and I have certain plans about where I want my career to go and so does Mrs. M. But gotdam we are tired and deserve some time off. Yes, I've said it. We DESERVE it.
But we won't be taking a real vacation any time soon, and it pisses me off.
*we were in Anguilla for a wedding more recently (2 years ago), but a weekend trip to a shitty little island in the Caribbean with a 5-month old does not a vacation make. I can't stand the fucking Caribbean.
_______________________
A good sign for the Jets is that when they score a rushing TD, the linemen and the backs all celebrate together. That's the sign of a running game that's coming together.
Hank's recap to come.
11.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
when we weren't parents it felt like we would visit Napa every fall, the carribean every winter and drink on the beach every weekend in the summer.
funny how things change.
Are you guys parents now?! Did I know this?
Does the baby deserve a vacation too?
- BJL
of course not.
little boy- last february
Post a Comment